It is the responsibility of the participant to obtain a visa in advance if required. We had listed a list of types of VISA in alphabetical order to enter Taiwan for your reference. Please note, participants will be responsible to apply their own visa by checking with the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in their home country or with their travel agency for visa requirements. We recommend to apply at least 2 months prior to your travel.
For the latest information regarding visa requirements, please visit the official website of the ministry of foreign affairs:
Types of VISA in alphabetical order
Nationals from the following countries applying for visitor visas to the R.O.C. must fulfill the procedure of this section:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, India (Identity Certificate), Iraq, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria
Hong Kong and Macau Residents
Please use the link for online application.
Mainland China Residents
For the Mainland China passport holders, it is necessary to apply VISA for entry into Taiwan. Due to the complicated procedures, it is strongly to contact VISA Office before
15 August !
- Taiwan Tour佳安旅行社 Joan王小姐
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +886-2-2357-7073 ext. 26
For participants from any other countries, please contact your local consular district for further help.
Southeast Asian Countries
Applicable to citizens of India, Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia and Lao and the applicant possesses at least one of the following documents issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, any of the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, or the United States:
- Valid resident or permanent resident card
- Valid entry visa (may be electronic visa)
- Resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan
Nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, with a duration of stay of up to:
- 90 days: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, *Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Poland, Paraguay, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA, Vatican City State
- 30 days: Belize, Brunei (except those holding diplomatic or official/service passports), Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Malaysia, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Singapore, Thailand (except those holding diplomatic or official/service passports)
Letter of Invitation
The Congress organizers will be pleased to offer an official invitation letter to any individual requesting one once their registration and fees have been received. It is to be understood that such an invitation is intended to help potential participants obtain a visa but not imply any financial support nor offer a guarantee that the abstract will be accepted. You may request such a letter from the Congress Registration Office at email@example.com.